Saturday, March 30, 2013

90-Day Slim Down: Week 4

This weeks focus is strengthening the core which is why each day includes a 30 second plank.  Back to a 5-day week of workouts.  As usual, Monday was crazy and I couldn't get to they gym until late afternoon.  All the treadmills were full, so I went grocery shopping and came back later.  Then the treadmills AND the ellipticals were all full.  Plan B - workout on Tuesday.  So, I'm posting these as Monday through Friday, but the reality is Tuesday through Saturday.

Still trying to drink more water - I'm not sure why I struggle with that so much.

Monday - Endurance Training + 30 Second Plank: Cardio interval training kicked up another notch (5 min/1 min). Kept the slight incline and increased my sprint rate. Definitely tired at the end but made it through.  30-second plank wasn't so bad - at least my feet weren't moving!

Tuesday - Upper and Lower Body Circuit + 30 Second Plank.  The Upper Body Circuit is from Week 2 (pushups, bent-over rows, tricep dips and hammer/bicep curls with jumping jacks in between) and the Lower Body Circuit is from Week 3 (squats, alt front lunges, single leg extensions and plie squats with jump rope in between).  Once through with no repeats and end with a 30-second plank.  I started with 5 minutes on the elliptical to get warm.

Wednesday - Endurance Training + 30 Second Plank: Same as Monday, only on the elliptical. Done and done.

Thursday - Quick Full Body Circuit I & II (no repeats) + 30 Second Plank: A quick strengthening workout that targest both upper and lower body.  I still hate the push-up to T-lift, but they are getting easier.

Friday - Endurance Training + 30 Second Plank:  Same as Monday.  I was feeling a lot of stress today and needed to burn off some steam, so I added another interval and 30 seconds to the plank.

Week 4 is done!







No comments: