Saturday, March 23, 2013

90-day Slim Down: Week 3

This weeks focus goal is "listen to your body".  I'm adding an additional goal:




Monday - Endurance Training:  Cardio interval training kicked up a notch (4 min/45 sec).  I also added a slight incline to the treadmill and increased my rate. I was really impressed at the increase in stamina/endurance in just two weeks. I was working hard, but recovered well after the sprints.  Woo hoo!

Tuesday - Lower Body Strength Circuit:  Squats, lunges, leg extensions and plie squats with jumping rope in between.  No repeat. I kept looking for the repeat thinking surely I need to do this 3 times?!  I can't be done already.  But no, there is no repeat.  A good thing too as I started at 9:30 at night. 

Wednesday - Endurance Training: Same as Monday, only on the elliptical.  Done and done.

Thursday - Quick Full Body Circuit II: 5 minute warm-up (jog, jumping jacks, whatever) then 20 squats w/knee lift, 10 pushups to T-lift, 10 traveling lunges (each leg), and 10 tricep dips with leg raised (each leg).  Complete 3 circuits.  I have to admit this one almost killed me and I'm not always clear on the directions.  Does that mean 20 squats on each side?  Or 20 total.  Same with the pushups to T-lift.  So I either overdid the first 2 circuits or modified the 3rd.  Either way I was out of breath and tired by the end, so I'll call it good.

Friday - I don't know why there is no Friday.  It's good timing though because my parents are coming in town for the weekend and this week has been insane!  Monday through Thursday became Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  But I got them all in. 

Week 3 is done!

No comments: